Heading picture

Heading picture

Saturday 4 January 2014

Buying a Bigshot- review

Hey all! 
Today was the day, the day I've been waiting for. Today I bought my Sizzix BigShot die cutting machine. I've been waiting to buy this for a while and received the money for Christmas so today we went to hobbycraft! Here is a bigshot machine if you haven't seen one.
I bought the £99.99 one (which is the starter kit), however you can just buy the machine for £74.99. The starter kit includes the dies, machine, plates, an embossing folder and card stock. 
Of corse as you all know me, I got back from my journey and started playing straight away. I tested all my dies first and I have to tell you Sizzix dies are very sharp and cut cleanly. They also produce a very wide range of shapes.
I also bought some dies from other makers which also work very well. I decided to buy more intricate shapes which I discovered in store (via a demonstration) that I would also need a "pokey tool". Now you may think I'm joking, however there is such a tool! It's in the Tattered Lace range for Hobbycraft and literally pokes the die cut piece out of die. 
Now who would like to see my cards? Firstly I'll show you one I have been working on using handmade paper, ink and an embelishment (not via my bigshot).
This card could be used for any occasion for anyone! I love cards which have multiuses! 
Now this is my first card via my bigshot machine! The embossed background has been inked over to make it stand out more and the butterflies have had the wings turned up. I also decided to add heat embossing to this card via the sentiment so technically this card was fully made with Christmas presents! 

I hope you like my mini review! 
Emma P

No comments:

Post a Comment